What are Home Care Packages?
Home Care Packages provide assistance for people who need help to stay safe and well at home. We offer flexible in-home care that takes into account, lifestyle, cultural background and religious
Each client’s needs differ and can change over time, our services are designed to accommodate these changes.
Unsure of the type of care you may be eligible for?
Download the My Aged Care Brochure 'Find the help you need with My Aged Care'
Who Can Get A Home Care Package?
People who have been asessed for a Home Care Package Level 1 - 4, by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).
How can I get assessed?
- Contact My Aged Care or
- A Referral (usually from a Doctor) is sent to ACAT, who will then determine the level of care needed.
How Can I Get A Home Care Package?
Once approved by ACAT, contact RADCARE to check on package availability. If RADCARE is able to offer you a package, one of our Consumer Advisers will visit you to discuss further.
- Home Care Level 1 – to support people with basic care needs
- Home Care Level 2 – to support people with low level care needs
- Home Care Level 3 – to support people with intermediate care needs
- Home Care Level 4 – to support people with high care needs
Packages are individually tailored to meet the identified goals and care needs of our clients in a flexible and responsive way, taking into account the personal goals, choices and decisions of
clients on a package. A wide range of services are available to choose from.
From July 2015 all packages will be delivered on a 'Consumer Directed' basis.